The INSPIRE team invites all mentors and educators to participate in a half-day INSPIRE Mentor Development Workshop to be held during INSPIRE 2017 event on MIT Campus in Cambridge, MA. See details below.
We are offering several travel awards for mentors! We hope you will join us.
- Enable mentors to make professional connections with other mentors/peers from different schools across the country.
- Provide exposure to MIT’s School of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences and the research carried out there.
- Enable a forum for mentors to
- reflect on the role of INSPIRE mentorship,
- brainstorm new methods of mentoring students,
- share best practices regarding guiding students for research, and
- explore ways to broaden mentor participation.
Kickoff and welcome from the INSPIRE Team
- Overview of MIT School of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
- MIT Libraries resources
- Teaching humanities, arts and social sciences research in college
- Perspectives from an INSPIRE judge
- Spotlights on “The INSPIRE Mentoring Experience” (10-minute presentations by mentors regarding best practices in different mentorship settings)
- MIT’s K-12 initiatives
- Group discussions on topics including the role of the mentor, challenges, administrative aspects
The only requirement is that you mentored at least one project for the INSPIRE 2017, 2016, and/or 2015 competition.
MIT INSPIRE is offering several travel awards for mentors to attend and participate in the workshop. The purpose of the MIT INSPIRE Mentor Travel Awards is to provide partial reimbursement of travel expenses for those mentors who otherwise may not have the means to attend the INSPIRE Mentor Development Workshop on MIT’s campus, on April 11, 2017.
Please note that awards are capped at a maximum of Four Hundred Dollars ($400) per mentor. The selection of Travel Award winners is determined based on need and on a first-come, first-served basis. All mentors are encouraged to apply, but preference for travel awards will be given to mentors teaching in Title 1 schools and mentors whose travel expenses are not covered by their school or administration.
All decisions by MIT INSPIRE regarding travel awards are final.