The purpose of the MIT INSPIRE Travel Award is to provide partial reimbursement of travel expenses for those Finalists who otherwise may not have the means to attend the final round of the MIT INSPIRE competition on MIT's campus, from April 10-12, 2017.
Please note that MIT INSPIRE can offer only a limited number of awards and these awards are capped at a maximum of Three Hundred Dollars ($300) per participant. The selection of Travel Award winners is determined based on needs (and proof of documentation below).
To be eligible for the MIT INSPIRE Travel Award, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Your family receives public assistance
- You participate in or meet the eligibility criteria for the National School Lunch Program
- You are enrolled in a government program that support students from families with low incomes
- Your family’s yearly income falls under the USDA Food and Nutritional Service’s “Income Eligibility Guidelines”
- You are homeless, live in a foster home, or live in government-aided public housing
All decisions by MIT INSPIRE regarding travel awards are final.
Please submit the following form with proof of eligibility by January 8, 2017.